Failure to Communicate
How Conversations Go Wrong and What You Can Do to Right Them
by Holly Weeks
- List Price$17.99
- Your price$14.39
Save $3.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
But dodging issues, appeasing difficult people, and mishandling tough encounters all carry a high price for managers and companies -- in the form of damaged relationships, ruined careers, and intensified problems.
In Failure to Communicate, Holly Weeks shows how to master the combat mentality, emotional maelstrom, and confusion that poison difficult conversations. Drawing on her many years as a consultant and coach to leaders and executives, the author explains:
· Why we turn to ineffective tactics when the heat is on
· How to avoid the worst pitfalls of difficult conversations, and how to pull yourself out if you fall in
· Ways to regain your balance and inject respect into stressful conversations, even when you've been confronted, infuriated, or wronged
· Strategies for mitigating aggression and defensiveness, and for clearing the fog of misconceptions
· How to get through the hardest conversations with your reputation and relationships intact
Using proven techniques paired with detailed real-life examples, Weeks equips you with the strategies and practices you need to transform even the toughest conversations.
- Harvard Business Review Press, May 2010
Harvard Business Review Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: