Evidence-Based Practice Manual for Nurses
- List Price$62.95
- Your price$56.69
Save $6.26 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 26000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The Evidence-based Practice Manual successfully breaks down the skills for evidence-based nursing into manageable components. The reader will learn how to find, critically read and interpret a range of research studies, and will discover optimal approaches to helping patients reach decisions that are informed by the best-available evidence. The more-strategic concepts of developing an organisational evidence-based culture and making evidence-based changes at organisational level are the focus of the final section.
- Step-by-step guide to finding, appraising and applying research evidence in nursing
- Teaches skills for successfully reviewing published literature:
- formulating a focused question
- developing a search strategy for efficient retrieval of relevant studies
- appraising the retrieved studies
- All examples are relevant to nurses and nursing
- Reflects contemporary nursing issues
- A new chapter on ‘Using research evidence in making clinical decisions with the individual patient’ provides practical guidance and tools for decision-making
- A new chapter on ‘Using evidence from qualitative studies’ explains the complexities of qualitative methodologies and methods in a simple, easily understood way
Online exercises and solutions
- Help the reader test out and consolidate newly acquired skills and knowledge
- Provide an opportunity to critically appraise studies with the following range of designs:
- qualitative research
- a randomised controlled trial
- a cohort study
- a case control study
- a diagnostic test accuracy study
- a systematic review
- a clinical guideline
- Example solutions are provided, all written by experts in the field.
- Elsevier Health Sciences UK, August 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: