A Woman's Guide to the Old Testament
Eve's Bible is for every woman who has ever said, "I've always wanted to read the Bible but . . ."
Whatever the reason--"it's too complicated, too big, too old, too many men and too few women, and anyway, I don't know whether I believe it or not"--Eve's Bible helps readers explore the Old Testament regardless of religious affiliation.
Eve's Bible challenges conventional ideas about women in the Bible, and shows readers how to draw upon their own truth to interpret the Bible in new and liberating ways.
With Eve's Bible as their companion, readers will:
* Recognize and read the Old Testament's literary building blocks
* Learn how women in the biblical era lived
* Learn why the biblical Deity is such a complex character
* Derive meaning from scripture by balancing left-brained inquiry with heart-felt intuition
*Become their own authority on the Bible
A friendly guide that anticipates readers' questions and concerns, Eve's Bible helps readers find their way through the Bible with intelligence and verve.
- St. Martin's Press, May 2009
St. Martin's Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: