Essential Silverlight 3
- List Price$34.99
- Your price$27.99
Save $7.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 14800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
“The book you are holding contains the keys to writing great Silverlight 3 applications. Use them well!”
–From the Foreword by Scott Guthrie, corporate vice president, Microsoft Developer Division
Microsoft Silverlight is a leading cross-platform, Rich Internet Application (RIA) technology that allows you to create more compelling and interactive Web experiences than are possible with simple HTML browser pages. Silverlight 3 includes significant improvements over previous versions, including “out-of-browser” operation, H.264 video, 3D graphics, and real-time effects.
Essential Silverlight 3 is the definitive reference and insider’s guide. It not only covers all the key features of the Silverlight 3 runtime and how to use them but, in Under the Hood sections, explains why each feature was developed and how each one works. These “insider” explanations often lead to concise, practical performance tips that can help you speed up your own Silverlight applications.
Author Ashraf Michail is uniquely qualified to explain Silverlight 3. He is a Microsoft Silverlight architect who has guided Silverlight from its beginnings through the current version. In this book, he shows how to
- Integrate the principles and components of a Silverlight application, including XAP, XAML, and .NET code
- Use Silverlight vector graphics, bitmap images, and animation
- Display predictable and readable text across platforms and animate text elements
- Obtain mouse and keyboard input, including mouse wheel events
- Implement smooth animations to improve your user interface and make your application more pleasing to the user
- Use the Canvas, StackPanel, Grid, and Border elements to lay out your application and define custom layout elements
- Play high-quality, live, and on-demand video and audio
- Customize the built-in and toolkit controls and develop new custom Silverlight controls
- Connect to and synchronize with data using Silverlight Data Binding
- Use built-in real-time effects and define custom HLSL pixel shaders
- Enable GPU-accelerated rendering
If you are a developer who is getting started with Silverlight or an expert Silverlight developer who is interested in understanding the inner workings of the Silverlight runtime, this book is for you.
- Pearson Education, September 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: