Is this the right course for me?
Essential Italian Verbs is the course for you if you need help with your study of Italian. This fully revised edition of our best-selling course now comes with free downloadable audio support containing hints on how to learn verbs effectively.
The aim of this book is to help you improve your command of Italian by focusing on one aspect of language learning that invariably causes difficulties - verbs and the way they behave.
Whether you are a complete beginner or a relatively advanced learner, you can consult the book when you need to know the form of a verb quickly.
The introductory section gives you a complete overview of Italian verbs and how they work in the various tenses. This book also contains:
- full coverage of the main tenses for 200 frequently used Italian verbs arranged alphabetically for quick and easy reference
- examples of the verbs in everyday use, with colloquial expressions and words sharing the same origin
- an Italian-English verb list of approximately 3000 verbs with details of the patterns they follow
- an English-Italian verb list giving the most frequently used English verbs in Italian with details of the patterns they follow
- free downloadable audio support with hints on how to learn verbs
Essential Italian includes:
Chapter 1: What is a verb?
Chapter 2: I, you, he, she, it...: person
Chapter 3: Past, present, future...: tense
Chapter 4: Regular and irregular verbs
Chapter 5: Formation and use of tenses
Chapter 6: Indicative, conditional subjunctive, imperative...: mood
Chapter 7: The active and passive voices
Chapter 8: Transitive and intransitive verbs
Chapter 9: Impersonal verbs and constructions
Chapter 10: Impersonal verbs and constructions
Chapter 11: The impersonal si and the passive si
Chapter 12: Model verbs
Chapter 13: Verbs not related to time
Chapter 14: Verb-noun collocations
Learn effortlessly with a new, easy-to-read page design and interactive features:
Not got much time?
One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
Easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking.
Tests to help you keep track of your progress.
Extend your knowledge
Extra online articles to give you a richer understanding of the culture and history of Italy.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: