Encyclopedia of Marine Mammals
- List Price$160.00
- Your price$143.99
Save $16.01 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 64800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This thorough revision of the classic first edition brings this authoritative book right up-to-date. Articles describe every species in detail, based on the very latest taxonomy, and a host of biological, ecological and sociological aspects relating to marine mammals. The latest information on the biology, ecology, anatomy, behavior and interactions with man is provided by a cast of expert authors – all presented in such detail and clarity to support both marine mammal specialists and the serious naturalist. Fully referenced throughout and with a fresh selection of the best color photographs available, the long-awaited 2e remains at the forefront as the go-to reference on marine mammals.
* More than 20% NEW MATERIAL includes articles on Climate Change, Pacific White-sided Dolphins, Sociobiology, Habitat Use, Feeding Morphology and more
* Over 260 articles on the individual species with topics ranging from anatomy and behavior, to conservation, exploitation and the impact of global climate change on marine mammals
* New color illustrations show every species and document topical articles
FROM THE FIRST EDITION
“This book is so good...a bargain, full of riches...packed with fascinating up to date information. I recommend it unreservedly it to individuals, students, and researchers, as well as libraries".
- Richard M. Laws, MARINE MAMMALS SCIENCE
"...establishes a solid and satisfying foundation for current study and future exploration"
- Ronald J. Shusterman, SCIENCE
- Elsevier Science, February 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: