Effective TCP/IP Programming
44 Tips to Improve Your Network Programs
- List Price$51.99
- Your price$46.79
Save $5.20 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 21600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Programming in TCP/IP can seem deceptively simple. Nonetheless, many network programmers recognize that their applications could be much more robust. Effective TCP/IP Programming is designed to boost programmers to a higher level of competence by focusing on the protocol suite's more subtle features and techniques. It gives you the know-how you need to produce highly effective TCP/IP programs.
In forty-four concise, self-contained lessons, this book offers experience-based tips, practices, and rules of thumb for learning high-performance TCP/IP programming techniques. Moreover, it shows you how to avoid many of TCP/IP's most common trouble spots. Effective TCP/IP Programming offers valuable advice on such topics as:
- Exploring IP addressing, subnets, and CIDR
- Preferring the sockets interface over XTI/TLI
- Using two TCP connections
- Making your applications event-driven
- Using one large write instead of multiple small writes
- Avoiding data copying
- Understanding what TCP reliability really means
- Recognizing the effects of buffer sizes
- Using tcpdump, traceroute, netstat, and ping effectively
Through individual tips and explanations, you will acquire an overall understanding of TCP/IP's inner workings and the practical knowledge needed to put it to work. Using Effective TCP/IP Programming, you'll speed through the learning process and quickly achieve the programming capabilities of a seasoned pro.
- Pearson Education, May 2000
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: