Effective TCP/IP Programming
44 Tips to Improve Your Network Programs
- List Price$51.99
- Your price$46.79
Save $5.20 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 21600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Programming in TCP/IP can seem deceptively simple. Nonetheless, many network programmers recognize that their applications could be much more robust. Effective TCP/IP Programming is designed to boost programmers to a higher level of competence by focusing on the protocol suite's more subtle features and techniques. It gives you the know-how you need to produce highly effective TCP/IP programs.
In forty-four concise, self-contained lessons, this book offers experience-based tips, practices, and rules of thumb for learning high-performance TCP/IP programming techniques. Moreover, it shows you how to avoid many of TCP/IP's most common trouble spots. Effective TCP/IP Programming offers valuable advice on such topics as:
- Exploring IP addressing, subnets, and CIDR
- Preferring the sockets interface over XTI/TLI
- Using two TCP connections
- Making your applications event-driven
- Using one large write instead of multiple small writes
- Avoiding data copying
- Understanding what TCP reliability really means
- Recognizing the effects of buffer sizes
- Using tcpdump, traceroute, netstat, and ping effectively
Through individual tips and explanations, you will acquire an overall understanding of TCP/IP's inner workings and the practical knowledge needed to put it to work. Using Effective TCP/IP Programming, you'll speed through the learning process and quickly achieve the programming capabilities of a seasoned pro.
- Pearson Education, May 2000
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: