Organic Herbs and Edible Flowers from Small Spaces
by Gayla Trail
Growing a handful of herbs and edible flowers adds sparkle to dozens of meals year-round. Fortunately for us, these plants are not fussy. They’re simple to grow and will fit into any space you can provide, including a crack in a broken patio stone, the step next to your front door, or a windowsill. In Easy Growing, Gayla Trail—author of Grow Great Grub and creator of the top online gardening community, YouGrowGirl.com—shares the tips, ideas, and know-how you need to raise delicious organic edibles wherever you can squeeze in a planter.
Herbs give big rewards with a small amount of work—even the most inexperienced, space-strapped gardener will have success. This handbook includes:
• Guidance on choosing the right plants, designing dazzling in-ground gardens and striking edible containers, and growing herbs indoors year-round
• Ins and outs of growing fifty different plants and hundreds of varieties, from warm and aromatic Mojito mint to peppery nasturtium flowers, from fruity lemon verbena to exotic cinnamon basil, and more
• Handy tricks for winterizing plants and extending the outdoor growing period
• Simple recipes for cooking with and preserving your harvest: Herb-Encrusted Goat Cheese; Homegrown Bloody Mary Mix; Lavender Shortbread; Orange, Rosemary, and Honey Ice Cream
• Upcycling projects based on reusable materials
Perfect for novice gardeners and longtime enthusiasts looking for inspiration, Easy Growing is a fun, power-packed resource for creating a delicious herb garden anywhere.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony, February 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: