Dyslexia at College
- List Price$50.95
- Your price$45.89
Save $5.06 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 21200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This fully updated third edition contains practical and useful advice that will be invaluable for students with dyslexia, their parents and all of those involved in teaching and supporting them in their studies. Including the latest research into dyslexia, changes in legislation and information technology and the real-life experiences of six former Bangor students this book will:
• guide students through the process of applying for university, suggesting strategies for general organisation and for particular aspects of study
• outline how to get the best personally and academically from higher education
• give practical advice on setting up and using support facilities (both human and technological)
• be an accessible text for mainstream lecturers and tutors who need to be aware of the implications of the Disability Discrimination Act.
New chapters include 'Dyslexia plus', giving information on dyspraxia, attention disorders, Asperger's syndrome, and the more controversial 'dyscalculia'. ‘Out of College and into Work’ gives advice for students on the challenges they face after graduation.
- Taylor and Francis, August 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: