Dying for a Drink
What You and Your Family Should Know About Alcoholism
In the United States, alcoholism leads to 100,000 unnecessary deaths per year. Nearly 3 in 10 American adults are "risky drinkers." 18 million Americans are abusing alcohol regularly. More than ½ of Americans have a close family member who is an alcoholic.
Despite the scope of this problem, there are currently no books published for the broader Christian community that offer Dying for a Drink's unique combination of strong writing, compelling stories, the best in medical science and practice, and clear explication of the timeless spiritual principles of recovery.
The revision of this classic work incorporates new information on topics such as:
- The role of mental illness, childhood trauma, and family origin issues
- Human motivation and new methods of intervention and treatment
- Understanding the role of the Holy Spirit and the church community in recovery
- Prevention and the church's role in an alcohol-saturated society
- Thomas Nelson, November 2005
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: