Don't Go There. It's Not Safe. You'll Die. And other more rational advice for Overlanding Mexico & Central America
So what's this all about? In case the title isn't clear (blame Jessica) it's a guide for people who want to travel by car in Mexico and Central America. It is filled with information we gained during our eight-month journey from Seattle to Panama. It also contains advice for planning and preparing for an overlanding trip based on the hundreds of hours of research we did before leaving home.
Best of all, it's free! No strings attached. All that we ask is that you pass the word along and share the book with others.
- Over 55,000 words of advice on planning, what to expect on the road, and specific information about each country between the USA and Panama.
- How to choose a route and departure date.
- Planning a budget, itinerary and more mundane preparations such as immunizations and insurance.
- Tips for choosing, buying and outfitting your vehicle.
- Advice from us and other overlanders about our favorite gear and modifications we've made to our vehicles.
- How to handle money while you travel.
- Advice for staying safe on the road.
- What to expect in terms of the language barrier, accommodation options and how to stay connected via phone and internet.
- Country-specific information such as border crossings, expenses, phone and wifi reports, road conditions and tips for saving money.
- Life Remotely, October 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: