Developing iOS Applications with Flex 4.5
by Rich Tretola
- List Price$12.99
- Your price$10.69
Save $2.30 (18% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 6000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Ready to put your ActionScript 3 skills to work on iPhone and iPad apps? This hands-on book walks you through the process of creating an Adobe AIR application for iOS devices from start to finish, using the Flex 4.5 framework. Move quickly from a basic Hello World application to complex interactions with iOS APIs, and get complete code examples for working with device components—including the accelerometer, GPS, camera, gallery, and multitouch display. This is an ideal resource for Flex developers of all levels.
- Use Flash Builder 4.5 to create and debug a Flex Mobile project
- Choose a layout option to determine which files Flash Builder autogenerates
- Explore APIs that enable your app to interact with the camera, accelerometer, and GPS
- Read and write text files, and create and write to an SQLite database
- Interact with the browser, place calls, and create emails and text messages
- Load content into your app with StageWebView
- Design for iOS with specific UI elements while maintaining one code version for all mobile devices
- Publish your app to an Apple iOS installer file with Flash Builder
- O'Reilly Media, August 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: