- List Price$12.99
- Your price$10.69
Save $2.30 (18% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 6000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Learn how to customize websites with XOOPS, the open source CMS that helps non-developers build dynamic community websites, intranets, and other applications. This concise book shows you how to use XOOPS themes and modules to design everything from simple blogs to large database-driven CMS portals.
Web designers and current XOOPS users will learn how to create a site theme with CSS and jQuery libraries, including techniques for making additional modules conform to the site's look and feel. Although XOOPS uses the PHP-based Smarty templating system, all you need is a bit of XHTML and CSS experience to get started.
- Learn the workflow for turning an idea into a full-featured website
- Become familiar with XOOPS’ theme-building tools, and set up PHP and MySQL environments
- Port an existing XHTML template to XOOPS
- Create themes with the 960 Grid System to save time and reduce code
- Use jQuery-based UI libraries to achieve complex effects
- Blend new modules into your theme with the template override function
- Go beyond traditional block layouts to customize your homepage
- O'Reilly Media, July 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: