Culturally Proficient Education
An Asset-Based Response to Conditions of Poverty
- List Price$31.95
- Your price$28.79
Save $3.16 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 13600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Develop culturally proficient policies and practices that create opportunities for students of poverty!
Countering the perspective that students from poverty come to school with deficits that prevent them from learning, this resource offers educators the knowledge and skills to maximize educational opportunities for all students, independent of students’ socioeconomic status. Using the framework of cultural proficiency, this guide features:
- An examination of how poverty intersects with other groupings, including race, ethnicity, and language acquisition
- Research-based teaching strategies that draw on student strengths and assets
- Vignettes and case studies
- Reflective activities for understanding your own assumptions and values regarding equity
- SAGE Publications, April 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: