CTG Made Easy
by Susan Gauge
- List Price$50.95
- Your price$45.89
Save $5.06 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 21200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This title is now available under ISBN 9780702052149.
CTG Made Easy 4th edition continues the successful format of previous editions, offering a practical guide to all health professionals involved in monitoring the fetal heart rate during labour, and specifically in the interpretation of CTG traces. The workbook approach remains, with many new and updated case histories and CTGs, all using current terminology and a recommended proforma for interpretation.
The book will aid health professionals to acquire competence and confidence in all aspects of fetal heart rate monitoring during labour, improving the care offered to women and babies.
- In-depth debate on choice of intermittent or continuous electronic fetal heart rate monitoring enables correct identification of the appropriate method
- Updated references and recommendations from latest national guidelines ensure readers have access to current research-based evidence and expert opinion
- Clear explanation of the physiology of baseline and periodic abnormalities provides vital information for interpretation and assessment of fetal compromise
- CTG features are described following up-to-date recommendations from NICE
- Charts describe the classification of CTGs and illustrations describe variable decelerations to aid understanding
- Discussion of current adjuncts to electronic fetal heart rate monitoring give the reader insight into current developments and possible future practice
- RCOG and NICE proforma and classifications aid consistency in interpretation and use of terminology
- Recent cases of litigation are used to demonstrate the difficulties encountered with monitoring techniques and interpretation of the data, giving the reader an insight into cases that proceed to litigation
New to this edition
- Evidence relating to fetal monitoring in labour updated to current national guidance
- Expanded section debating the issues surrounding intermittent auscultation versus continuous electronic fetal heart rate monitoring
- Expanded section on the physiological control of the fetal heart rate, fetal blood sampling and acid base balance.
- Risk management updated, including risks and benefits of current methods of fetal heart rate monitoring, future developments, and legal issues
- References comprehensively reviewed, including NICE and RCOG clinical guidelines
New online resources
20 additional CTGs and case histories are available online
- Elsevier Health Sciences UK, November 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: