Consulting For Dummies
Fully adapted for a UK audience by consultancy specialist, Philip Albon, this book is an essential guide for anyone considering making a career out of consulting. Offering practical advice on all aspects of setting-up and running a successful consulting business including; setting your fees, keeping track of time and money, building business with new clients, winning proposals and business networking, Consulting For Dummies is the easiest way to make a name for yourself and profit from your expertise.
Sections will include:
- What’s a Consultant?– Deciding to set up and finding a business direction
- The Consulting Process– How to create a business proposal, analyse the data, develop recommendations, present the findings, and make sure they’re implemented
- Key Consulting Skills– Presenting a professional image, time-management and organisation, communication skills, writing reports and presentations, using technology
- Setting up your Business– setting fees, drawing up contracts, setting up a home office, keeping track of time and money, multiplying effectiveness with support services
- Marketing– Promotion, getting new clients, using referrals
- Plus, new information on Business reality– preparing for tax audits and general small business finance
This UK edition of Consulting For Dummies will fully update readers on current e-marketing techniques and the current opportunities offered to those using the Internet to promote their business and build a client list. It will also be adapted to include core UK business and finance information, crucial for those setting up alone. Topics such as bookkeeping and basic accountancy have been added, plus content on UK tax and how government policies affect small businesses. This new edition incorporates updated currency systems in order to cater for the UK market.
- Wiley, December 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: