Consulting, Contracting and Freelancing
Be Your Own Boss
by Ian Benjamin
- List Price$27.22
- Your price$23.19
Save $4.03 (15% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 12000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Use the skills and experience you have gained in the workplace to move on to the next stage of your working life-as a consultant, contractor or freelancer.
Self-employment as a service provider can give you the opportunity to work on your own terms, in your preferred location and to enjoy a lifestyle that is healthier, more relaxed and satisfying.
This practical book takes you through the steps to:
* Realise your vision of successful self-employment in a viable consultancy, freelancing or contracting business.
* Position yourself in the market place so that you will be recognised as a consultant, contractor or freelancer.
* Discover the various marketing approaches you can use and which best suit your own style.
* Develop a business plan which is realistic and effective, based on successful real examples.
* Learn how to price your work, know what others are charging and how to negotiate with clients so that the focus is more on your work than on your fee.
* Decide which of the various business structures-sole trader, partnership or incorporation-is best for you.
* Be aware of the pitfalls of solo practice so you can avoid them.
- Allen & Unwin, September 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: