Coloring Outside Autism's Lines
50+ Activities, Adventures, and Celebrations for Families with Children with Autism
by Susan Walton
- List Price$14.99
- Your price$11.99
Save $3.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 6800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Your Road Map to Rediscovering Joy, Fun, and Togetherness
Having a child with an autism spectrum disorder may mean that you have to change your life. It can seem as though there are so many things you just can't do. But there are adventures-large and small-that kids with autism love, and they are waiting for your whole family! Just think outside of the ordinary, look for reachable sensory experiences, come prepared, and keep an open mind, and everyone in your family can go along for a great ride. This book is packed with exciting ideas for families living with autism, with everything you need to know to make them a reality. Including:
- Unconventional backyard fun: zip lines, trampolines, tree stumps, and even exercise bikes!
- Easy ways to adapt public places such as bowling alleys, ice skating rinks, and swimming pools into stress-free outings
- Surprising activities that can lead to lifelong interests
- Dreaming big: there's a world of amusement parks, water slides, camping, and other family getaways that are truly within reach
- Special activities for grandparents and extended family members
- How to team up with other parents to maximize the fun
With tips and advice from dozens of creative families who have found fun with autism and want you to do the same!
- Sourcebooks, November 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: