Coffee is Good for You
From Vitamin C and Organic Foods to Low-Carb and Detox Diets, the Truth about Di et and Nutrition Claims
Though food is supposed to be one of life's simple pleasures, few things cause more angst and confusion. Every day we are bombarded with come-ons for the latest diet, promises for "clinically proven" miracle ingredients, and warnings about contaminants in our favorite foods. It's enough to give anybody indigestion.
Packed with useful-and surprising-information, Coffee Is Good for You cuts through the clutter to reveal what's believable and what's not in a fun and easily digestible way.
You'll find out:
- Locally grown produce isn't necessarily more healthful than fruits and vegetables from across the globe
- Alcohol does cause breast cancer
- You don't need eight glasses of water a day for good health
- Milk isn't necessary for strong bones
- Oatmeal really can lower cholesterol
- Sea salt isn't more healthful than regular salt
- Low-fat cookies may be worse for you than high-fat cheese
- Penguin Publishing Group, January 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: