The Open Source Perspective
- List Price$51.99
- Your price$46.79
Save $5.20 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 21600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
- Page 26: How can I avoid off-by-one errors?
- Page 143: Are Trojan Horse attacks for real?
- Page 158: Where should I look when my application can't handle its workload?
- Page 256: How can I detect memory leaks?
- Page 309: How do I target my application to international markets?
- Page 394: How should I name my code's identifiers?
- Page 441: How can I find and improve the code coverage of my tests?
Diomidis Spinellis' first book, Code Reading, showed programmers how to understand and modify key functional properties of software. Code Quality focuses on non-functional properties, demonstrating how to meet such critical requirements as reliability, security, portability, and maintainability, as well as efficiency in time and space.
Spinellis draws on hundreds of examples from open source projects--such as the Apache web and application servers, the BSD Unix systems, and the HSQLDB Java database--to illustrate concepts and techniques that every professional software developer will be able to appreciate and apply immediately.
Complete files for the open source code illustrated in this book are available online at: http://www.spinellis.gr/codequality/
- Pearson Education, April 2006
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: