- List Price$200.00
- Your price$179.99
Save $20.01 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 80800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The first book of its kind to focus on the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of patients with fungal infections, this definitive reference returns in a completely revised, full-color new edition. It presents specific recommendations for understanding, controlling, and preventing fungal infections based upon underlying principles of epidemiology and infection control policy, pathogenesis, immunology, histopathology, and laboratory diagnosis and antifungal therapy. More than 560 photographs, illustrations, and tables depict conditions as they appear in real life and equip you to identify clinical manifestations with accuracy. Expanded therapy content helps you implement the most appropriate treatment quickly.
- Includes specific recommendations for diagnosing, preventing, and treating fungal infections in various patient populations based upon underlying principles of epidemiology and infection control policy, pathogenesis, immunology, histopathology, and laboratory diagnosis and antifungal therapy.
- Covers etiologic agents of disease, fungal infections in special hosts such as pediatric patients and patients with cancer and HIV, infections of specific organ systems, and more, to make you aware of the special considerations involved in certain cases.
- Features clinically useful and reader-friendly practical tools-including algorithms, slides, graphs, pictorials, photographs, and radiographs-that better illustrate and communicate essential points, promote efficient use in a variety of clinical and academic settings, and facilitate slide making for lectures and presentations.
- Offers more clinically relevant images-more than 300 in full color for the first time-to facilitate diagnosis.
- Features expanded therapy-related content, including up-to-date treatment strategies and drug selection and dosing guidelines.
- Includes several new sections in the chapter on fungal infections in cancer patients that reflect the formidable clinical challenges these infections continue to present.
- Presents the work of additional international contributors who have defined many of the key issues in the field, providing more of a global perspective on the best diagnostic and management approaches.
- Uses a new, full-color design to enhance readability and ease of access to information.
- Elsevier Health Sciences, January 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: