Classrooms as Learning Communities
What's In It For Schools?
- List Price$44.95
- Your price$40.49
Save $4.46 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 18800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
In classrooms that operate as learning communities, the social and learning purposes advance together through all participants being involved and engaged in building knowledge. This book demonstrates a new way of seeing and managing classrooms through:
- an integration of what's best in learning and what's best in the social life of classrooms
- a vision of the role of the teacher that is more creative and more related to the commitments of teachers
- a more connected view of schools in contrast to the mechanistic view that currently dominates
- an answer to the short-term performance pressures of politicians - better performance.
The practice and vision of classrooms that operate as learning communities is presented clearly and encourages teachers to take steps towards building a more effective classroom with the aspects of learning communities they choose.
- Taylor and Francis, May 2005
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: