- List Price$172.00
- Your price$154.79
Save $17.21 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 69600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
No other book offers a complete guide to chiropractic adjustive techniques! Chiropractic Technique, 3rd Edition makes it easy to understand essential procedures and provides a rationale for their use. Written by Thomas F. Bergmann, DC, FICC, and David H. Peterson, DC, and backed by the latest research studies, this bestseller describes the basic principles needed to evaluate, select, and apply specific adjustive procedures. With a review of chiropractic history, detailed descriptions of joint examination and adjustive techniques for the spine, pelvis, and extremities, and a companion Evolve website with how-to videos, this book is a must-have reference for students and clinicians.
- Offers over 700 photos and line drawings depicting the correct way to set up and perform adjustive procedures, clarifying concepts, and showing important spinal and muscle anatomy.
- Includes up-to-date research studies and methods for validating manual therapy.
- Discusses mechanical principles so you can determine not only which adjustive procedure to use and when, but also why you should choose one approach over another.
- Organizes content thematically with a discussion of practical anatomy, kinematics, evaluation, and technique for each joint.
- Covers anatomy and biomechanics in detail, along with adjustive techniques for the spine, extraspinal techniques, and additional techniques for special populations, helping you fully prepare for board examinations.
- Covers the manipulable lesion as a basis for treating disorders with manual therapy, including chiropractic techniques.
- Includes content on low-force techniques to help you treat elderly patients and patients who are in acute pain.
- Includes useful appendices with clinical information as well as interesting historical information, including a feature on practitioners who developed specific techniques.
- NEW Evolve website with video clips of the author performing all the adjustive procedures in the book.
- Updated and expanded content covers new information on joint anatomy and assessment including Newton's laws and fibrocartilage, joint malposition, joint subluxation, history of subluxation/dysfunction, and sacroiliac articulation.
- A procedure index printed on the inside of the front cover makes it easier to find specific procedures.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Thomas F. Bergmann,David H. Peterson
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Thomas F. Bergmann,David H. Peterson
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 26, 2016
- Elsevier Health Sciences, May 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: