Chinese Herbal Formulas: Treatment Principles and Composition Strategies
by Yifan Yang
- List Price$93.95
- Your price$84.59
Save $9.36 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 38400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Traditionally the study of Chinese herbal formulas has involved memorizing hundreds of classic formulas, and recognizing and summarizing the relevant treatment rules and formula-making strategies in order to create appropriate formulas for treatment. This new book by Yifan Yang, author of Chinese Herbal Medicines: Comparisons and Characteristics (which pioneered the comparative method of single herb study), introduces a new approach to formula study. The reader is shown how to use the basic treatment rules and composition strategies, abstrated from hundreds of formulas, in order to create individual formulas for treating a variety of syndromes. The method is clear and easy to understand, with a systematic approach and an emphasis on essential knowledge.
- 19 common syndromes and 60 sub-syndromes are described and discussed in detail, illustrated with clear line drawings
- Chinese diagnosis of syndromes are realated to the Western disease names
- Treatment principles and plans are given for each syndrome
- Principles of herb selection are introduced with recommendations and explanations of specific herbs in relation to each syndrome
- 166 classic formulas are given as examples
- Treatment strategies in complicated syndromes, treatment sequences, cautionary advice for herbs and combinations with Western drugs, dosage management in a variety of conditions and commonly used pairs of herbs are all discussed
- Detailed indexes and contents lists facilitate quick reference and searching within the text.
Chinese Herbal Formulas: Treatment Principles and Composition Strategies is written by an experienced practitioner and lecturer of Chinese herbal medicine. It is the ideal companion to Chinese Herbal Medicines: Comparisons and Characteristics, by the same author.
- Elsevier Health Sciences UK, January 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: