Saving Your Good Idea from Getting Shot Down
- List Price$21.99
- Your price$17.59
Save $4.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 9600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
It doesn't have to be this way, maintain John Kotter and Lorne Whitehead. In Buy-In, they reveal how to win the support your idea needs to deliver valuable results. The key? Understand the generic attack strategies that naysayers and obfuscators deploy time and time again. Then engage these adversaries with tactics tailored to each strategy. By "inviting in the lions" to critique your idea--and being prepared for them--you'll capture busy people's attention, help them grasp your proposal's value, and secure their commitment to implementing the solution.
The book presents a fresh and amusing fictional narrative showing attack strategies in action. It then provides several specific counterstrategies for each basic category the authors have defined--including:
· Death-by-delay: Your enemies push discussion of your idea so far into the future it's forgotten.
· Confusion: They present so much data that confidence in your proposal dies.
· Fearmongering: Critics catalyze irrational anxieties about your idea.
· Character assassination: They slam your reputation and credibility.
Smart, practical, and filled with useful advice, Buy-In equips you to anticipate and combat attacks--so your good idea makes it through to make a positive change.
- Harvard Business Review Press, October 2010
Harvard Business Review Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: