Building Services Engineering
- List Price$70.95
- Your price$63.89
Save $7.06 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 29200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Engineering services within buildings account for ongoing energy use, greenhouse gas contribution and life safety provisions. This fully updated sixth edition of David Chadderton's leading textbook is the perfect preparation for those intending to enter this increasingly important field.
Chapters addressing heating, climate change, air conditioning, transportation systems, water, gas, electricity, drainage and room acoustics cover all the key responsibilities of the building services engineer. As well as introductory material and the underpinning theory, practical guidance is provided in the form of sample calculations and spreadsheets.
New material includes:
- trends and recent applications in lowering the energy use by mechanical and electrical services systems, heating, cooling and lighting of buildings
- case studies modelled from post-occupancy reports to provide realistic discussion topics
- examples of the use of photovoltaic solar panels, chilled beams, under floor air distribution, labyrinths, ground-sourced heat pumps, district heating and cooling, energy performance certificates, energy auditing and wind turbines
- outlines of the concepts of global warming, carbon trading and zero carbon buildings.
- exercises in each chapter and online self-study questions.
A significantly expanded companion site offers over 1,000 self-test questions, powerpoint slides for lecturers, and an instructors' manual, enabling the rapid generation of lectures, assignments, and tests. This is the ideal textbook for students of building services engineering, as well as a comprehensive guide for those about to start work.
- Taylor and Francis, January 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: