Buddhism for Beginners
- List Price$14.95
- Your price$11.99
Save $2.96 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 6800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This user’s guide to Buddhist basics takes the most commonly asked questions—beginning with “What is the essence of the Buddha’s teachings?”—and provides simple answers in plain English. Thubten Chodron’s responses to the questions that always seem to arise among people approaching Buddhism make this an exceptionally complete and accessible introduction—as well as a manual for living a more peaceful, mindful, and satisfying Life. Buddhism for Beginners is an ideal first book on the subject for anyone, but it’s also a wonderful resource for seasoned students, since the question-and-answer format makes it easy to find just the topic you’re looking for, such as:
- What is the goal of the Buddhist path?
- What is karma?
- If all phenomena are empty, does that mean nothing exists?
- How can we deal with fear?
- How do I establish a regular meditation practice?
- What are the qualities I should look for in a teacher?
- What is Buddha-nature?
- Why can't we remember our past lives?
- Shambhala Publications, August 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: