Breast Cancer: Beyond Convention
The world's Foremost Authorities on Complementary and alternative Medicine Offer Advice on Healing
Today, more breast cancer treatment options are available than ever before. But how can you determine the course of action that is right for YOU?
Breast Cancer: Beyond Convention is the only single resource that lays out all of the traditional and alternative approaches available today. Assembling a "dream team" of breast cancer experts, the editors of this truly groundbreaking guide encourage readers to work with their practitioners as they consider a variety of approaches, all explained in clear, nontechnical language. Readers will discover
- how to find the right caregiver and how to best complement conventional medical treatment with alternative medicine
- how to be "healed" without necessarily being "cured"
- how to incorporate traditional Chinese medicine -- including herbs, qigong, and acupuncture
- the right diet to choose, no matter the form of treatment; the importance of soy products; plus fifteen delicious recipes to sample
- the best vitamins, minerals, and natural foods, and the specific benefits -- and possible dangers -- of each
- the merits of spiritual treatments, from meditation and directed prayer to the powerful mystery of the "will to live."
The guide features an encyclopedic appendix of websites, and lists of national support organizations, care centers, recommended audiotapes, CDs, and books -- making this the single source to help patients take control of their treatment, assuage their fears, and get them on the road to healing.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book will be donated to the Carol Franc Buck Breast Care Center Complementary and Alternative Medicine Program at the University of California, San Francisco
- Atria Books, March 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: