Body, Breath and Being: A new guide to the Alexander Technique
- List Price$17.95
- Your price$14.39
Save $3.56 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Developed over a period of 100 years the Alexander Technique has helped people to successfully manage a wide variety of conditions, including back pain, stress, anxiety, ME, and asthma..
The Alexander Technique is not a therapy or an exercise program. It is an in-depth study of how human reaction, co-ordination and movement play a part in everything we do. It has enhanced the performance of athletes, actors, singers and musicians.
Body, Breath and Being explores the Alexander Technique through the experiences of those who have studied it and benefited from it. These include:
- A keen amateur sportsman who was 'reborn' after being resigned to a lifetime of pain.
- A photographer who overcame a debilitating back problem that was interfering with his professional work.
- A pregnant woman who used the technique to relieve indegestion and handle her changing posture.
- A musician who managed an asthmatic problem that was affecting her playing.
Body, Breath and Being:
- Is ideal for both beginner and expert
- Includes over 100 full colour photographs and diagrams
- Provides practical experiments in every chapter
- Includes free access to audio files at www.dandbpubishing.com which give detailed instructions and advice.
The book offers a new view of the way we use our bodies and the consequences not only on our health, but also our approach to life
Carolyn Nicholls is one of the UK's leading exponents of the Alexander Technique and has been teaching for over 25 years. She is the founder and Head of Training of the Brighton Alexander Technique College and has taught in London, Melbourne (Australia) and Brighton. She presented the F. M. Alexander Memorial lecture in Edinburgh (Scotand), and Wellington (New Zealand).
- D&B Publishing, March 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: