Bereavement Care for Childbearing Women and their Families
An Interactive Workbook
- List Price$31.95
- Your price$28.79
Save $3.16 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 13600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
For many bereaved parents, the care provided by health professionals at birth – from midwives to antenatal teachers – has a crucial effect on their response to a loss or death. This interactive workbook is clearly applied to practice and has been designed to help practitioners deliver effective bereavement care.
Providing care to grieving parents can be demanding, difficult and stressful, with many feeling ill equipped to provide appropriate help. Equipping the reader with fundamental skills to support childbearing women, partners and families who have experienced childbirth-related bereavement, this book outlines:
- What bereavement is and the ways in which it can be experienced in relation to pregnancy and birth
- Sensitive and supportive ways of delivering bad news to childbearing women, partners and families
- Models of grieving
- How to identify when a bereaved parent may require additional support from mental health experts
- Ongoing support available for bereaved women, their partners and families
- The impact on practitioners and the support they may require
- How to assess and tailor care to accommodate a range of spiritual and religious beliefs about death.
Written by two highly educated, experienced midwifery lecturers, this practical and evidence-based workbook is a valuable resource for all midwives, neonatal nurses and support workers who work with women in the perinatal period.
This book is suitable as a text for BSc and MSc courses in Midwifery; BScs courses in Paediatric Nursing; and for neonatal and bereavement counselling courses.
- Taylor and Francis, July 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: