Leading Security Experts Explain How They Think
- List Price$31.99
- Your price$25.59
Save $6.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 13600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Although most people don't give security much attention until their personal or business systems are attacked, this thought-provoking anthology demonstrates that digital security is not only worth thinking about, it's also a fascinating topic. Criminals succeed by exercising enormous creativity, and those defending against them must do the same.
Beautiful Security explores this challenging subject with insightful essays and analysis on topics that include:
- The underground economy for personal information: how it works, the relationships among criminals, and some of the new ways they pounce on their prey
- How social networking, cloud computing, and other popular trends help or hurt our online security
- How metrics, requirements gathering, design, and law can take security to a higher level
- The real, little-publicized history of PGP
This book includes contributions from:
- Peiter "Mudge" Zatko
- Jim Stickley
- Elizabeth Nichols
- Chenxi Wang
- Ed Bellis
- Ben Edelman
- Phil Zimmermann and Jon Callas
- Kathy Wang
- Mark Curphey
- John McManus
- James Routh
- Randy V. Sabett
- Anton Chuvakin
- Grant Geyer and Brian Dunphy
- Peter Wayner
- Michael Wood and Fernando Francisco
All royalties will be donated to the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).
- O'Reilly Media, April 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: