Leading Security Experts Explain How They Think
- List Price$31.99
- Your price$25.59
Save $6.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 13600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Although most people don't give security much attention until their personal or business systems are attacked, this thought-provoking anthology demonstrates that digital security is not only worth thinking about, it's also a fascinating topic. Criminals succeed by exercising enormous creativity, and those defending against them must do the same.
Beautiful Security explores this challenging subject with insightful essays and analysis on topics that include:
- The underground economy for personal information: how it works, the relationships among criminals, and some of the new ways they pounce on their prey
- How social networking, cloud computing, and other popular trends help or hurt our online security
- How metrics, requirements gathering, design, and law can take security to a higher level
- The real, little-publicized history of PGP
This book includes contributions from:
- Peiter "Mudge" Zatko
- Jim Stickley
- Elizabeth Nichols
- Chenxi Wang
- Ed Bellis
- Ben Edelman
- Phil Zimmermann and Jon Callas
- Kathy Wang
- Mark Curphey
- John McManus
- James Routh
- Randy V. Sabett
- Anton Chuvakin
- Grant Geyer and Brian Dunphy
- Peter Wayner
- Michael Wood and Fernando Francisco
All royalties will be donated to the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Andy Oram,John Viega
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Andy Oram,John Viega
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 29, 2016
- O'Reilly Media, April 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: