"Controlling carbs works in virtually every situation, when you're having dinner with the family or hosting a dinner party, when you're in a hurry or spending the day creating delicacies in your kitchen. If you like to take shortcuts or you enjoy starting from scratch, if you mostly tinker in the kitchen on the weekends or cook every day, here are the recipes that suit your lifestyle."
- Veronica Atkins
Atkins for Life took the nation by storm, proving that doing Atkins is not a "fad" - it's a healthy and satisfying way of eating that you can follow for a lifetime. With multiple weeks at the top of the New York Times bestseller list, Atkins for Life whet the appetites of millions of new and established Atkins followers, and had them clamoring for even more great-tasting recipes that complement the low-carb lifestyle. Enter Atkins for Life Low-Carb Cookbook. Whether you're an Atkins devotee or you're just beginning to explore the benefits of controlling carbs, this all-purpose cookbook has the solutions you need to cook and eat appropriately - and enjoyably every day, at every meal, whether you're feeding your family, throwing a sit-down dinner party, or just looking for a healthy between-meal snack!
This invaluable book makes low-carb cooking easier than ever before. Illustrated with more than 80 full-color photographs, it includes 250 recipes for sumptuous dishes such as Pan-Seared Steak with Mustard Sauce, Clementine-Glazed Duck Breast, Ginger Ice Cream with Caramelized Pears, and more! There are also a slew of home-style favorites you may not have thought you could enjoy on Atkins, including Pork Stew with Hominy and Collards, Mini Meatballs and Spaghetti, Mexican Chicken Wrap, and Creamy Lemon Bars.
Although many of these recipes are tailored to fit the Pre-Maintenance and Lifetime Maintenance phases of Atkins, more than half of them are also appropriate for the Induction and Ongoing Weight Loss plan. Inside you'll find:
* More than 100 tips and sidebars including: Nuts About Nuts, Smart Snacks and Sides, and Spotlight on Ginger
* Complete nutritional information for every recipe, including Net Carbs and suitable Atkins phases
* Helpful ideas for choosing the highest-quality foods and avoiding those full of hidden sugars or dangerous added trans fats
* Countless bits of wisdom to simplify cooking and preparation, plus important low-carb cooking techniques
The wide range of recipes fills the bill for:
* Speedy weeknight suppers in under 30 minutes
* Budget and vegetarian options
* Family-friendly fare for healthy eating at any age
* Outdoor grilling and barbecuing
* Snacks and bag lunches
* Luscious desserts to satisfy a sweet tooth - all without sugar
* Special-occasion and party menus, including: Thanksgiving, New Year's, Super Bowl Sunday, Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, and more!
Now you don't have to give up your favorite dishes to control your carbs - you can simply make them the Atkins way.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: