Aspects of Roman History 82BC–AD14
A Source-based Approach
- List Price$45.95
- Your price$41.39
Save $4.56 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 19200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Aspects of Roman History 82BC–AD14 examines the political and military history of Rome and its empire in the Ciceronian and Augustan ages. It is an indispensable introduction to this central period of Roman History for all students of Roman history, from pre-university to undergraduate level.
This is the first book since H.H. Scullard’s From the Gracchi to Nero, published two generations ago, to offer a full introductory account of one of the most compelling and vital periods in the history of Europe. Aspects of Roman History 82BC–AD14:
- brings to life the great figures of Pompey, Caesar, Antony, Cleopatra and Augustus, and explores how power was gained, used and abused
- covers the lives of women and slaves, the running of the empire and the lives of provincials, and religion, culture and propaganda
- offers both a survey of the main topics and a detailed narrative through the close examination of sources
- introduces students to the problems of interpreting evidence, and helps develop the knowledge and skills needed to further the study of ancient history.
- Taylor and Francis, April 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: