Application Security for the Android Platform
Processes, Permissions, and Other Safeguards
by Jeff Six
- List Price$13.99
- Your price$11.19
Save $2.80 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 6400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
With the Android platform fast becoming a target of malicious hackers, application security is crucial. This concise book provides the knowledge you need to design and implement robust, rugged, and secure apps for any Android device. You’ll learn how to identify and manage the risks inherent in your design, and work to minimize a hacker’s opportunity to compromise your app and steal user data.
How is the Android platform structured to handle security? What services and tools are available to help you protect data? Up until now, no single resource has provided this vital information. With this guide, you’ll learn how to address real threats to your app, whether or not you have previous experience with security issues.
- Examine Android’s architecture and security model, and how it isolates the filesystem and database
- Learn how to use Android permissions and restricted system APIs
- Explore Android component types, and learn how to secure communications in a multi-tier app
- Use cryptographic tools to protect data stored on an Android device
- Secure the data transmitted from the device to other parties, including the servers that interact with your app
- O'Reilly Media, December 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: