And in Health
A Guide for Couples Facing Cancer Together
by Dan Shapiro
- List Price$16.95
- Your price$13.59
Save $3.36 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This book offers engaging and digestible lessons for couples navigating the life change that a cancer diagnosis brings. Dan Shapiro draws on his more than twenty-five years of clinical work as a health psychologist who has researched and worked with couples facing cancer, and on his own experiences of being both the patient (having and beating Hodgkin’s lymphoma in his twenties) and the supporter/advocate (when his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer) to weave together insights on facing cancer while maintaining a strong relationship. And in Health gives advice in short lessons on the main areas of concern or conflict that can come from life with cancer—from diagnosis to treatment and life post-treatment.
- How to forge yourselves into a powerful team and evade common conflicts
- Dealing with physicians and getting the best care possible, along with tips for navigating the medical world
- Strategies for coping with the emotions that can interfere with your relationship—anger, mood swings, spouse fears, and depression
- Distinguishing between supportive and draining people in your lives, and learning to invite and accept help
- Opening to new types of intimacy and making peace with dependence
- Shambhala Publications, June 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: