Algorithms in a Nutshell
- List Price$39.99
- Your price$31.99
Save $8.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Creating robust software requires the use of efficient algorithms, but programmers seldom think about them until a problem occurs. Algorithms in a Nutshell describes a large number of existing algorithms for solving a variety of problems, and helps you select and implement the right algorithm for your needs -- with just enough math to let you understand and analyze algorithm performance.
With its focus on application, rather than theory, this book provides efficient code solutions in several programming languages that you can easily adapt to a specific project. Each major algorithm is presented in the style of a design pattern that includes information to help you understand why and when the algorithm is appropriate.
With this book, you will:
- Solve a particular coding problem or improve on the performance of an existing solution
- Quickly locate algorithms that relate to the problems you want to solve, and determine why a particular algorithm is the right one to use
- Get algorithmic solutions in C, C++, Java, and Ruby with implementation tips
- Learn the expected performance of an algorithm, and the conditions it needs to perform at its best
- Discover the impact that similar design decisions have on different algorithms
- Learn advanced data structures to improve the efficiency of algorithms
With Algorithms in a Nutshell, you'll learn how to improve the performance of key algorithms essential for the success of your software applications.
- O'Reilly Media, June 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: