Architecture and Best Practices
- List Price$35.99
- Your price$28.79
Save $7.20 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 15200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
“I very much enjoyed how this book covers the full Ajax application lifecycle and not only coding techniques. Anyone who is looking to become a professional front-end developer will appreciate the architectural insight and best practices delivered by this book.” — Andi Gutmans, Co-Founder & Co-Chief Technology Officer of Zend Technologies
Mission-Critical Ajax: Maximizing Scalability, Performance, Security, Reliability, and Maintainability
Advanced Ajax: Architecture and Best Practices is the definitive guide to building business-critical, production-quality Web applications with Ajax. Shawn M. Lauriat systematically addresses the design, architecture, and development issues associated with Ajax, offering proven patterns and robust code examples available in no other book. You’ll find best practices for addressing the full spectrum of issues enterprise Ajax developers face: scalability, performance, security, reliability, flexibility, maintainability, and reusability.
- Planning Ajax interfaces for simplicity, clarity, and intuitiveness
- Using the latest tools to profile, validate, and debug client-side code
- Architecting the server side for security and functionality, while restricting loaded data, objects, and actions to current requests
- Protecting against the most widespread and significant Ajax security risks
- Optimizing every component of an Ajax application, from server-side scripts to database interactions
- Introducing cutting-edge Ajax: game development, Ajax with canvas, and Ajax for enterprise applications
About the Web Site
This book’s companion Web site (http://advancedajax.frozen-o.com) doesn’t just provide all the code: It shows code examples in action, as building blocks of a real Web application interface.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Shawn M. Lauriat
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Shawn M. Lauriat
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on October 22, 2016
- Pearson Education, October 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: