Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 Unleashed
This book is the most comprehensive and independent resource for experienced web developers who want to plan, architect, develop, and deploy state-of-the-art websites, applications, and services.
Expert web developer and trainer Zak Ruvalcaba brings together real-world insights and advanced techniques for every facet of contemporary web development, from site management to data-driven applications and multimedia content to security. Ruvalcaba systematically illuminates the major features Adobe has brought to Dreamweaver CS4, including its
powerful Spry framework for Ajax development, its innovative CSS browser compatibility checking, and more.
You’ll learn how to smoothly integrate Dreamweaver CS4 with other key web design and development tools, ranging from Photoshop to Flash to databases. You’ll also discover how to use Dreamweaver CS4 to improve team collaboration, automate workflow, streamline content management, and reuse assets more efficiently.
Detailed information on how to…
- Get productive with Dreamweaver CS4 development fast, whether you’re new to Dreamweaver or upgrading from previous versions
- Create more effective, compatible CSS sites—and leverage Dreamweaver CS4’s powerful CSS templates
- Streamline and automate workflow across your development and content teams
- Incorporate animation, video, and audio, including Adobe Flash content
- Make the most of databases and SQL queries in your sites and applications
- Build dynamic pages and sites that integrate everything from search functionality to user authentication
- Implement high-performance web services with Adobe Dreamweaver CS4
- Use Adobe’s Spry framework, widgets, and effects to quickly build rich XML-based applications
Zak Ruvalcaba has been researching, designing, and developing for the web since 1995. He’s built websites and applications for such companies as Gateway, HP, Toshiba, IBM, Intuit, Peachtree, Dell, Qualcomm, Microsoft, and many others. He is currently an instructor with the San Diego Community College District, Palomar Community College, and Mt. San Jacinto Community College, teaching the use of various technologies and tools including ASP.NET, Dreamweaver, and Flash. He is the author of the 10 Minute Guide to Dreamweaver (Que), Build Your Own ASP.NET 3.5 Website Using C# and VB (SitePoint), and Beginning Expression Web (Wrox).
Register your book at informit.com/register for convenient access to updates and example source code from this book.
Category: Web Development/Dreamweaver
Covers: Adobe Dreamweaver CS4
User Level: Intermediate–Advanced
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: