Acute Care Handbook for Physical Therapists
- List Price$94.95
- Your price$85.49
Save $9.46 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 38800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Familiarize yourself with the acute care environment and confidently develop patient rehabilitation plans with this essential guide to physical therapy practice in a clinical setting. Acute Care Handbook for Physical Therapists, Third Edition helps you understand and interpret hospital protocol, medical terminology, and the medical–surgical aspects of acute care. Each chapter focuses on a body system and includes a review of basic structure and function, an overview of a medical–surgical workup, a review of pathophysiology, information on pharmacology, and guidelines for physical therapy intervention. This edition features a larger, slimmer design that highlights clinical tips, decision-making aids, and practice patterns throughout the text so that you can easily locate these tools and apply them to your practice. If you are unfamiliar with the complex acute care environment, this comprehensive resource is just what you need to become more comfortable and better able to manage the specific needs of your patients.
- Review of body system basics and disease processes in each chapter provides concise information to help you better manage patients in a hospital setting.
- Familiarizes you with the acute care environment by explaining medical terminology, hospital protocol, and surgical workups
- Includes updated information on medications, laboratory and diagnostic tests, and surgical and invasive procedures pertinent to physical therapy practice
- Clinical tips throughout the text show you how to maximize safety, quality, and efficiency of care.
- Over 350 illustrations, tables, and boxed text highlight essential concepts and procedures for quick reference.
- Uses terminology consistent with the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, Second Edition
- Focuses on evidence-based practice to help you determine the best interventions including recent literature regarding rehabilitation in the critical care setting.
- NEW! Pertinent practice patterns from the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, Second Edition are included in each chapter.
- NEW! Additional illustrations to improve comprehension of the material
- NEW! More pharmacologic implications for physical therapists, specifically concerning side effects and use of combination drugs.
- NEW! Additional decision-making algorithms facilitate critical thinking in the clinical setting.
- NEW! Updated surgical and invasive procedures include minimally invasive orthopedic surgery, bariatric procedures, and complete insight into circulatory assist devices.
- NEW! Expanded neurological chapter including vestibular dysfunction tests and measures, a discussion of dementia, and the latest in stroke evaluation and management.
- NEW! Revised appendices discuss the latest concepts in documentation standards, palliative care, and patient safety.
- NEW! Slimmer, larger format allows the book to lie open for easier reading.
- NEW! Improved design highlighting clinical tips and other key features lets you locate important information quickly in a busy clinical setting.
- Elsevier Health Sciences, November 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: