Access Data Analysis Cookbook
- List Price$39.99
- Your price$31.99
Save $8.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
If you have large quantities of data in a Microsoft Access database, and need to study that data in depth, this book is a data cruncher's dream. Access Data Analysis Cookbook offers practical recipes to solve a variety of common problems that users have with extracting Access data and performing calculations on it. Each recipe includes a discussion on how and why the solution works.
Whether you use Access 2007 or an earlier version, this book will teach you new methods to query data, different ways to move data in and out of Access, how to calculate answers to financial and investment issues, and more. Learn how to apply statistics to summarize business information, how to jump beyond SQL by manipulating data with VBA, how to process dates and times, and even how to reach into the Excel data analysis toolkit. Recipes demonstrate ways to:
- Develop basic and sophisticated queries
- Apply aggregate functions, custom functions, regular expressions, and crosstabs
- Apply queries to perform non-passive activities such as inserting, updating, and deleting data
- Create and manipulate tables and queries programmatically
- Manage text-based data, including methods to isolate parts of a string and ways to work with numbers that are stored as text
- Use arrays, read and write to the Windows registry, encrypt data, and use transaction processing
- Use the FileSystemObject, use XML with XSLT, communicate with SQL Server, and exchange data with other Office products
- Find answers from time-based data, such as how to add time, count elapsed time, work with leap years, and how to manage time zones in your calculations
- Deal with business and finance problems, including methods for calculating depreciation, loan paybacks, and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Explore statistical techniques, such as frequency, variance, kurtosis, linear regression, combinations and permutations
- O'Reilly Media, May 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: