A Patchwork of Comforts
Small Pleasures for Peace of Mind
- List Price$14.95
- Your price$11.99
Save $2.96 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 6800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Author Carol Wiseman asked people around the country to send her descriptions of their favorite comforts. The result is A Patchwork of Comforts, a collection of comforting and comfortable things to soothe body, mind, and spirit. Comforts are organized alphabetically--and Wiseman adds sidebars with bits of trivia, and even comforting recipes, such as a recipe for Zabaglione, a dessert sauce.
A-to-Z comforts include:
- Alone Time: The only voice you hear is your own
- Aromas: Trigger memories
- Brainrest: A chance to recoup and regroup
- Crosswords: The right word satisfies
- Cuddling: Back to the womb
- Daydreams: Going to the movies free
- Dogs: Part of the family
- Vacation: A break from responsibility
- Water: Watch it, hear it, drink it, play in it
- X-tra Time: Ditching the clock lets you finish...whatever
- Young at Heart: Keeps you in the loop
- ZZZ's: Renews and reactivates
There are plenty of comforting activities to take the sting out of even the worst days: sitting by a fire after a long walk in the cold; watching birds in the back yard; enjoying a big cup of homemade hot chocolate; bathing by candlelight; a weekend camping trip--with no electronic appliances. A Patchwork of Comforts is a homecoming in a book--welcoming, warm, and wise.
A book written especially for "one of those days," dipping into A Patchwork of Comforts is like a long soak in a hot tub.
- Red Wheel Weiser, May 2004
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: