A Natural Law Approach to Normativity
- List Price$149.95
- Your price$134.99
Save $14.96 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 60800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Exploring the relationship between natural law theory and the philosophy of law, Bebhinn Donnelly proposes a new approach to natural law theory - one which addresses some of the tradition's shortcomings and advances further its approach to Hume's dichotomy.
• Provides a clear definition of `nature' in this context
• Contrasts the work of Hume and Kant regarding the `is/ought' issue
• Examines the approach in traditional natural law
• Presents a full discussion of Finnis and the departure from traditional natural law
• Proposes a new, natural law approach to normativity, drawing on the strengths of traditional natural law theory
• Illustrates how natural law may provide a normative base for law
A Natural Law Approach to Normativity presents an original perspective on natural law theory and will be of interest to academics in philosophy of law, moral/political philosophy, natural law theorists, and students of jurisprudence internationally.
- Ashgate Publishing Ltd, January 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: