A Handbook for Doctoral Supervisors
- List Price$58.95
- Your price$53.09
Save $5.86 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 24400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Historically, it has been presumed that being an experienced researcher was enough in itself to guarantee effective supervision. This has always been a dubious presumption and it has become an untenable one in the light of global developments in the doctorate itself and in the candidate population which have transformed demands upon expectations of supervisors.
This handbook will assist new and experienced supervisors to respond to these changes. Divided into six parts the book looks at the following issues:
- changing contexts of doctoral supervision
- recruiting, selecting and working with doctoral candidates
- supporting the research project
- supporting candidates of all nationalities and academic backgrounds
- supporting completion of projects and examination
- evaluation and dissemination of practice.
A Handbook for Doctoral Supervisors focuses on the practical needs of supervisors, draws examples from a wide range of countries and uses self-interrogation as a means of encouraging readers to reflect upon their practice, making it an essential read for anyone involved in doctoral supervision.
- Taylor and Francis, July 2005
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: