A Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Programme for Problem Gambling
- List Price$55.95
- Your price$50.39
Save $5.56 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 23200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This book is a treatment manual providing guidance for therapists treating clients with gambling addictions.
In this book the authors use a cognitive behavioural approach and provide a session by session guide for overcoming problem gambling. Essential topics covered include:
- assessment and psychoeducation
- cognitive behavioural strategies to stabilize gambling
- identifying and challenging thinking errors
- relaxation and imaginal exposure
- problem solving and goal setting
- managing negative emotions
- relapse prevention: maintaining a balanced lifestyle and coping with high risk situations
A Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Programme for Problem Gambling supplies detailed information to help the therapist and client understand gambling behaviours, as well as practical advice on techniques that can be used with the client to change these behaviours.
This practical guide includes handouts and exercises that can be downloaded by purchasers of the print edition. It will provide helpful guidance for addiction counsellors and therapists worldwide.
- Taylor and Francis, June 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: