Search Across a Variety of XML Data
- List Price$42.99
- Your price$34.39
Save $8.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 18000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The W3C XQuery 3.1 standard provides a tool to search, extract, and manipulate content, whether it's in XML, JSON or plain text. With this fully updated, in-depth tutorial, you’ll learn to program with this highly practical query language.
Designed for query writers who have some knowledge of XML basics, but not necessarily advanced knowledge of XML-related technologies, this book is ideal as both a tutorial and a reference. You’ll find background information for namespaces, schemas, built-in types, and regular expressions that are relevant to writing XML queries.
This second edition provides:
- A high-level overview and quick tour of XQuery
- New chapters on higher-order functions, maps, arrays, and JSON
- A carefully paced tutorial that teaches XQuery without being bogged down by the details
- Advanced concepts for taking advantage of modularity, namespaces, typing, and schemas
- Guidelines for working with specific types of data, such as numbers, strings, dates, URIs, maps and arrays
- XQuery’s implementation-specific features and its relationship to other standards including SQL and XSLT
- A complete alphabetical reference to the built-in functions, types, and error messages
- O'Reilly Media, December 2015
- Download options:
- EPUB 3 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: