Windows Internals, Part 1
- List Price$31.99
- Your price$25.59
Save $6.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 13600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Delve inside Windows architecture and internals—and see how core components work behind the scenes. Led by three renowned internals experts, this classic guide is fully updated for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2—and now presents its coverage in two volumes.
As always, you get critical insider perspectives on how Windows operates. And through hands-on experiments, you’ll experience its internal behavior firsthand—knowledge you can apply to improve application design, debugging, system performance, and support.
In Part 1, you will:
- Understand how core system and management mechanisms work—including the object manager, synchronization, Wow64, Hyper-V, and the registry
- Examine the data structures and activities behind processes, threads, and jobs
- Go inside the Windows security model to see how it manages access, auditing, and authorization
- Explore the Windows networking stack from top to bottom—including APIs, BranchCache, protocol and NDIS drivers, and layered services
- Dig into internals hands-on using the kernel debugger, performance monitor, and other tools
- Pearson Education, March 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: