Making Discipleship Engaging, Empowering, and Viral
- List Price$14.99
- Your price$11.99
Save $3.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 6800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Most Christians agree that discipleship is important, even essential for Christian maturity; few understand biblical principles and even fewer apply a biblical process when it comes to discipleship. Discipleship isn’t complicated, but it can at times be difficult. The difficulty lies in applying the following four principles to your specific context. Simply put, here’s how anyone—young or old, male or female, pastor or entrepreneur—can make disciples.
1. Engage culture and community—When Jesus told His original twelve to go and make disciples, they did not interpret His command to mean, “Find people who are already following Me and help them become better followers.” They interpreted His “great commission” to mean that they should go and find people who were not yet followers and help them know and follow Jesus. The starting line of the disciple-making process must be evangelism that engages both our community and culture.
2. Establish spiritual foundations—If we want our disciples to survive the storms of life, we must help them establish strong biblical foundations.
3. Equip believers to minister—The biblical job description for professional ministers is to equip the “non-pros” for ministry, then get out of their way.
4. Empower disciples to make disciples—Jesus expected all of His original disciples to make disciples. He empowered them, knowing they would make mistakes. Because Jesus expects all His disciples to make disciples, we must not only equip them, but we must also empower them.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Steve Murrell
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Steve Murrell
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 26, 2016
- Charisma House, July 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: