What Makes Great Leaders Great: Management Lessons from Icons Who Changed the World
by Frank Arnold
- List Price$34.00
- Your price$27.19
Save $6.81 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 14400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Master the skills that icons throughout history have used to achieve the highest levels of success
“Arnold cleverly explains the keys to successful management with references to real-life challenges successfully overcome by iconic leaders. This entertaining book is insightful, thought-provoking, and of immense practical value.”
—Fred B. Irwin, President, American Chamber of Commerce in Germany
“Profound management know-how and coverage of a wide range of valuable issues provide great inspiration for anyone seeking to apply effective management principles in practice.”
—Professor Klaus Evard, founder and former President of the European Business School
“Management know-how translates into knowledge of how to succeed in all levels of life, and everyone can learn to be successful. That is the simple premise behind this book.”
—Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
What do Barack Obama, Steve Jobs, Pablo Picasso, and Napoleon have in common?
EXCELLENT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
It doesn’t matter what your field of expertise is, whom you know, or how educated you are. If you have powerful management skills, you will succeed; if you don’t, you’ll hit the ceiling sooner rather than later.
In What Makes Great Leaders Great, bestselling author and leadership expert Frank Arnold gathers 56 icons from various fields—from business and sports to politics and pop culture—to reveal the specific management skills they used to reach the top.
For every line of work or personal goal, effectively applying these management skills will lead to ultimate success. All the people in this remarkably diverse group figured out what they needed to know to manage their rise to the top—and executed it with superb skill. What Makes Great Leaders Great includes:
- Bill Gates on harnessing the power of a business mission
- Nicolaus Copernicus on questioning every assumption
- Phil Knight on fine-tuning the right strategy
- Michael Dell on making the customer your number-one priority
- Michelangelo on focusing on a single objective
- Joseph Schumpeter on practicing creative destruction
- Roger Federer on self-motivation
- Hippocrates on behaving responsibly
- Steve Jobs on implementing ideas
- Ray Kroc on envisioning the future
- Gen. George Patton on clearly defining assignments
- Warren Buffett on demanding effective management
- Stephen Hawking on making the best use of your time
- Pablo Picasso on fostering life-long creativity
- Muhammad Yunus on looking beyond your own interests
Learn from the best in the business—and history—how to leverage your skills, knowledge, and talent to reach levels of success you never dreamed possible.
- McGraw-Hill Education, November 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: