Using Social Theory in Educational Research
A Practical Guide
- List Price$54.95
- Your price$49.49
Save $5.46 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 22800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Using Social Theory in Educational Research is organised to help practising educators and novice researchers who have little familiarity with social theory to:
- be introduced to major schools of social theory, their basic concepts, and their general applicability to educational issues
- develop an understanding of and appreciation for its potential to improve their own practice
- gain practical insight into how theory can function as a warrant, or support, for data interpretation
- through the use of multiple practical examples, learn how to integrate theory into their own work more effectively
Selected Contents: 1. Getting Theoretical 2. An Illustrated Tour of How Theory Works (and Doesn’t Work) in Educational Research 3. Framing Research Theoretically, Part One: Planning and Data Collection 4. Framing Research Theoretically 5.When Research Meets Research
- Taylor and Francis, May 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: