- List Price$39.95
- Your price$35.99
Save $3.96 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Considering general philosophical and theoretical questions about the nature, purpose and operation of law as a whole, this book introduces students to contemporary debates in jurisprudence and encourages them to think in a theoretical and critical way about the nature of law, legal reasoning and adjudication. Discussing wider issues of morality, politics and society with reference to legal cases and examples, it provides as broad a perspective on the law as possible. Key features of this textbook include:
- introductions to each chapter
- analysis of how jurisprudential issues can arise in everyday life
- a wide range of cases to ground the theoretical discussion
- in-depth discussion of the relationship of law to force, morality and politics, as well as of rights, justice and feminist jurisprudence.
The text provides a concise treatment of all the major topics typically covered in an undergraduate course on jurisprudence and succinctly explains the arguments for and against the different approaches to the issues that are raised.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Denise Meyerson
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Denise Meyerson
Thanks for Sharing!
by on September 29, 2016
- Taylor and Francis, June 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: